Check the Museum map
Do you want to know more about the Museum and enjoy our spaces? Do not hesitate and query the Museum map that we provide you, so you do not miss anything!
Did you know that the Museum is a living space that offers services for all audiences?
- · Children's playground: where the little ones will enjoy games and entertainment.
- · Shopping: where you can find books, collector's items and authentic jewels that will transport you to the beginning of the railway history.
- · Audio-visual room: Where you get to enjoy unpublished films and recordings to know more about the entire world of trains.
- · Exhibitions: stroll through the museum rooms and discover all our collection pieces.
- · Exterior spaces: without doubt, the original locomotive roundabout will leave you speechless! Grasp the history of the first passenger cars, the exhibition of locomotives Talgo, closely inspect the Mataró locomotive and view all our vehicles. This museum should definitely be visited!
Download the Museum's schedule and do not forget to visit any corner of our 13,500m² of installations. The provided maps are in five languages:
And now, we will mention the most important 10 places that you have to visit in our Museum:
- 1· Table of enclaves of the France Station: that regulated the rail traffic.
- 2· Audiovisual Room: where you can enjoy films and attend conferences.
- 3· Gumà Space: our water deposit, which now is presented as an exhibition.
- 4· Roundabout and vehicles collection: with tracks and a rotating bridge that allows the movement of the locomotives.
- 5· Centenary train: the Mataró locomotive, of 1948.
- 6· The American Harlan car: an authentic jewel of a passenger’s car.
- 7· Freight wagon: today, it serves as a small room for audiovisual projections.
- 8· Talgo Space: enjoy the most important collection of Talgo vehicles.
- 9· Railway infrastructure: discover the widths of the way and train signage.
- 10· Space S.XXI: here you will discover our temporary exhibitions.
Interested in visiting us? Do not hesitate to come to the Museum of Vilanova & Geltru to understand the real history behind the railway, we will be waiting for you!